Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm a Student




I am a student, you see me? I pay a lot of money for my education, I don't have a car, and I walk in minus degree weather, rain or shine. I respect my neighborhood and the city/town? I live in.

So please, to all the drivers of Oakville making your turns, don't shake your head when myself or other students cross the road. So you missed an opportunity to make your turn because of a student. So what? Now you have to wait 5 seconds for them to get out of the way. You have to wait until the traffic gives you a chance.
Well thank goodness you're inside your heated car!

I always check before I cross the road, even if I have the white man signal. One time I did, it was clear, next thing I knew this guy was racing up, honking his horn because I took the opportunity to walk. Jesus man, calm down. Just today, a guy who was beside me started walking while I was waiting for my turn to cross my way. A car went to turn and had to abruptly stop. The driver shook his head, all angered because this guy decided to walk.

We have 30 seconds to cross the road, how do I know? There's a timer lol, but then we've gotta wait until the other traffic goes, then we gotta wait for the advance green to go, then wait for our signal. That's much longer than a driver has to wait to turn.

So please, be a little more patient. Perhaps there are more arrogant students out there that cross the road when they shouldn't, but there are a lot of us who aren't like that. Go slow, leave a little earlier if you're concerned about time.
Someday you might hit a pedestrian who was crossing because they had the right of way.
Who will look bad then?
The person you just hit because you were in a rush?
Or you?

2 comments:

a said...

FOR THE STUDENTS.

-salute-

Mrs. C. Monk said...

OMG
RAmen!
This happens on campus all the time >_<