Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Charlie B. Barkin (ANIM)




We had to choose a character that you could easily draw and be able to find character sheets. 
I chose Charlie B. Barkin from All Dogs Go To Heaven not because he was easy to draw, or not because he had character sheets (there were barely any), but because I wanted to challenge myself, and I grew up with All Dogs Go To Heaven. I find Don Bluth's style and dark movies (well.. not all his movies) inspire me and it was very satisfying to take such a difficult character and animate it.

As far as the animation is concerned, there are parts I could have done more in-betweening for, I am also missing a frame I had drawn but couldn't find halfway through the line testing D:
Alas, overall I am pretty happy with how my animation came out, it's due on Friday and there seems to be quite a lot of people from other classes who haven't mapped out their head turn yet. That's ok, but too close to the due date for me that's for sure! I wish everyone else good luck on completing their animations, i'm going to school tomorrow to hand in work, go to my last class, and take an early start to reading week. I'm starting to get a cold now so I just want to rest and put my feet up after a stressful last two weeks.

Charlie Barkin (C) to Don Bluth Studios (1989)


2 comments:

Dan said...

good lookin stuff here. You should add a howl sound effect to that.

Jamie said...

this is really lookin' good, laura! more like this!