Thursday, December 2, 2010

English Class

This is the last post of the day, I promise! Because I have an entire essay to write and I want to be in bed by 10 or 10:30. I'm putting this under the label of "personal work" because there really were no constrictions to how I had to do this and I actually quite like the piece. It's for the story of Yeh-Hsien, which if some of you have read it you would understand if I said the fish is used as a catalyst for pushing forward events in the story. Yeh-Hsien's story is over when she becomes chief wife but the fish's story continues, so I illustrated the fish's life.
I'll let you interpret it how you would like.




The flesh coloured balls are pearls and the little yellow flecks are gold. OH and the species of fish is called the Mekong Catfish (they can get huuuuge!)

'KAY ESSAY TIME

1 comment:

Chris Parks said...

Beautiful! i love the graphic treatment you gave it.