Monday, June 28, 2010

Rant

My sister wanted two of my paintings for her new place, so I went to get them framed at Sun Art in Fergus. I knew it would cost me an arm and a leg but it was conveniently close to home and the only framing place I knew of in town.

At first it was great because they were able to get it all done before I went to BC, I kinda left it last minute and only gave them a week to get it done. When I picked it up, I decided not to open them to take a look because they were all wrapped up nicely. Well lo-and behold, I arrive to BC and open it in excitement to show my sister, and I only had one frame for one painting. The other painting had a mat and a piece of glass. That was it.
Confused and a bit angry I decided I would call them and ask about it, because I paid for two frames... right?

I called them and explained there was only one frame where she proceeded to tell me I only asked for the one to be framed and the other just to be matted with glass. Why in the WORLD would I just want that? I clearly said in the store I want the same frame on both of them. I didn't double check with them because I assumed that I would get two frames.

As a customer I feel like I should blame myself for assuming/not clarifying a framing place would understand I want two pictures framed, but it also seems kind of stupid to me. I can't think of any situation where someone would want loose glass and a mat with no frame. Unless you had your own frame at home to put it together but that still seems unlikely to me.

In any event after spending $116 for one framed picture and a three quarter job on the other, I am taking my business elsewhere.

No comments: